Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Journeys Common Core...1st Grade

Our district has just moved to using Journeys Common Core for the Language Arts portion of our curriculum.
In the past we have been on our own and developed most all of our materials to fit with our Daily Five Teaching Style.
So...I was a bit nervous to see how this was going to fit into all the materials I have created.  After reviewing the materials I put together a packet for Unit One Lesson One...What is a pal?
I am thrilled with how I could combine the idea of back to school, friendship, and reading all in one bundle while teaching spelling, high frequency words, narrative writing, nouns, and reading informational text.
The materials created are meant to extend and provide practice and enrichment as needed.
Have a peek and don't forget to pick up the freebie on nouns!



1 comment: