Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

My Family for Distance Learning


Comparing and contrasting families can be fun and a tremendous opportunity to show that families are different yet alike.
This resource is ideal for students to share and then their pages can create a slide show.
Slide One:  Informational text, Vocabulary
Slide Two:  Poetry and gathering information from text
Slide Three:  This is me!
Slide Four:  Meet my family!
Slide Five:  We have a pet!
Slide Six: We live in!
Slide Seven: Together we like to!
Slide Eight:  Let me tell you about my family.










This is one of my favorite stories to read while teaching this unit.

This is the paper pencil version.
Activities include:

Suggested Reading and Comprehension Activities...
My dog Smells Like Stinky Socks (Describing people in your family...a MUST read!)
Families Are Different
Quick As a Cricket
Chrysanthemum 
Activities...
This packet leads the class to discover a definition for family on their own by observing the different families in the classroom. It is ideal in helping them to understand the complexity of the family unit.
Handout with informational text on family
Mini Book on family (fold and read)
Mini Interactive book on family...students finish the sentences and prepare illustrations
Poem and Song about Family for Reading
Finishing the questions...My family...
About My Family
Picture of Family
Comparing Families with other students
What is a family worksheet
Graphic Organizers...My Family, What is a Family
Class book covers ...My Family, What is a Family
Picture of ME
Where do I fit in the family
My Name...looking at the first, last and middle name of student
Proper Nouns and where names fit
Word Study...generation
Make words with generations
ABC order
Word search
Vocabulary Cards for Posting










0 comments:

Post a Comment