Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

It's the final countdown...

So Memorial Weekend is near and that always means the school year is coming to an end.  For us it means fourteen more days of school, given that we are making up snow days!  It is a good thing we have air conditioning.  From now until the end of the year I have a great deal of assessment that takes place and I hope to share some of that with you.  Last week we did writing.  I collected a narrative, informational piece, and opinion writing sample.  I then used a rubric to look at the individual students to assess their strengths and areas to improve.  I am impressed.  They really learned a great deal in first grade.

This week I am beginning reading assessment.  I will be using the DRA.  This will be added to the Star and Dibbles testing done throughout the year.  Lots of good data.

But while I am assessing the kiddos will be enjoying this today!
I love this All About Me.  Fun for the end of the year and fun for next year's teacher.
The packet has the kiddos in a skirt and pants but this is a "dummied down" version since I thought it looked just as cute.  My favorite is the "selfie" each kiddo wll create.  The girls have a bow and the boys will have a bow tie.  Simple yet soooo cute.


0 comments:

Post a Comment