Why that's not something I would do!!!
I guarantee even the best of us has not done our best at planning for a unit or a day or a week and afterwards realized the IMPORTANCE OF PLANNING!
When we don't plan ahead...
- We do not provide the best experience possible for our students
- The class is usually not engaged and therefore disruptive
- Time seems to drag on forever
Each of us has our own way to plan and I agree we should use what works for us.
In my planning I like to :
- Be well aware of what I am responsible for teaching that year (standards, district incentives, state directives) and print them up.
- Lay out your plans for the whole YEAR (vacations, special events, seasons). Using those set Big Goals and Time Lines.
- Lay out your plans for the MONTH. Look at your time line and begin to narrow down specific Goals and Lessons.
- Lay out your plans for the WEEK. What will you teach?
- Lay out your plans for the DAY. Specifics
I know this seems like a lot but I firmly believe unless all of these Time Lines, Goals, and Specific Lessons are in line you will be setting yourself up for FRUSTRATION.
This is one way I try to stay organized and on top of things.
I am making it a FREEBIE for YOU for the next two weeks.
Here is another packet that will help you get organized and ahead of the game!