Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

GREAT TEACHERS!


Danny Steele is a principal and has worked with and observed many classroom teachers.
He writes:
OUR WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE BECAUSE OF THE PASSION AND DEDICATION OF GREAT TEACHERS EVERYWHERE.  THEY INSPIRE ME DAILY.  THESE ARE SOME THINGS THAT ARE TRUE ABOUT GREAT TEACHERS.

I always use to love going to meetings and sitting in the lounge blaming students for not understanding.  How often have you heard...THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!  THIS CLASS DID SO POORLY ON THE TEST!
These statements do not bother me as long as they are followed by...I NEED TO LOOK AT WHAT I AM DOING AND SEE WHAT I CAN CHANGE SO THEY WILL GET IT OR THEY WILL DO WELL ON THE TEST.
Notice this takes the blame off the students and just moving on accepting the fact they don't get it or did poorly to WHAT CAN I DO!
I agree...ALL GREAT TEACHERS REFLECT AND ADJUST!

In my mind I am wondering if learning can take place without a good relationship with kids.
Teachers with a solid relationship with kids encourage, accept, praise, and care.
Research has shown that students working with teachers they trust and those they know believe in them make the most progress.
Is a great lesson enough or does the relationship have to be in place?
Food for thought!
In my opinion great teachers have both.
As much as we hate to admit it summers are time to refresh and regenerate new ideas!
What are you working on?

After my own children began school I really understood the meaning behind this statement.
One time I had my parents fill out a questionnaire right after school began.
My goal was to discover what they wanted for their child in the upcoming school year as a student in my classroom.  
The majority of them responded with 'they wanted their child to be happy, love learning, and love coming to school'.
If I had a wish for my children I know it would be similar.
What would your response be?

This could be one of the biggest challenges every teacher faces.
I always try to turn the negative thoughts into positive ones.
What works for you?

This post will be ongoing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment