Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year...Welcome 2014

I return to school on Monday with the kiddos and we are going to spend the day discussing what is a New Year and what will we do in the New Year.  I have a packet that contains both Chinese and the American New Years.  Chinese New Year is January 31st.  I love spending time that week sharing Chinese New Year and then allowing for comparing and contrasting of traditions.  I have a little craft prepared for the class Monday.
If you would like the patterns and the paper for these click here.  I paste them on construction paper.
This link contains the patterns for the two kiddos above and this page.
I also have two absolute favorite books I share for the New Year.
The Night before New Year's is perfect for encouraging journal writing.  The students can compare their New Year's Eve to the book. ( PS The author has a new one out called The Night Before My Birthday.)

Well my New Year wishes came true...MSU won their first conference basketball game and were Rose Bowl Champions.  If you can't tell I am a forever Spartan fan.  I was a cheerleader there and my husband was a swimmer.  Even cooler than that is my mom and dad both attended MSU and graduated in education and my Grandmother was one of the first women to attend when it was Michigan Agricultural College.  (Just a bit of background on me!)  Yes, I support their Educational program.  

Finally, thank you to all who liked me on FB or are a new Blog follower.  I am only providing one free product for following even if you become a follower of both.  I hope you understand BUT if you stick by me you will see...Freebies are something I share often and with a SMILE!  Happy New Year to you all!
Michele



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the freebie!!! They love writing and creating!

    ReplyDelete