Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm Back! and a "freebie"

I feel like I have been gone forever!  But I am back and hoping that you are all surviving February.  I find it hard to believe that Thursday is Valentine's Day already.
I spent 4 days in Florida with my parents
This view is a welcome change  from...
Snow and cold!!

and I have been so busy beginning a before school tennis program with my school.  We have 180 students participating on Tuesday's K-2 and Thursday's.3-5  We designed 4 stations that the student's rotate through teaching various skills.  We wrote a grant to USTA and they donated nets rackets and balls.  The program runs an hour before school.  I am enclosing a couple pictures.  It is so much fun!  The program will run 4 weeks and then we are having a pizza party at one of the local tennis clubs.  They are donating all 8 courts for an hour and a half.  WOW!
Students are getting ready to use foot work and eye hand coordination as they play "monkey in the middle".
Student practice their volley and forehand.
Even while I was gone I was revamping packets.  Here is a freebie from the updated Insect packet.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! So glad you enjoyed your stay with your parents :)

    LOVE those printables!

    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete