Pages

Friday, December 4, 2020

How to Catch Santa

 
Wouldn't it be fun to catch Santa?
This resource was written to accompany the story How to Catch Santa by Jean Reagan and Lee Wildish.
It is interactive and engages students with click and drag and typing activities.
Slide One:  Click and Drag...Would you like to catch Santa?  Type...reasoning for answer.
Slide Two:  If you caught Santa what questions would you ask?  Click and drag from the selection and come up with one of their own.
Using the ideas from the story which would you use to catch Santa.  Click and drag.
Slide Three:  Let's Write..what supplies need and sequence how you would catch Santa.
What is you favorite Santa sound?  Click and drag from the ideas listed.
Slide Four:  When Santa comes to your house what will he see, taste, leave...click and drag using pictures shown.
Slide Five:  Click and drag...Story Elements, Cause and Effect
Perfect for distance learning or a computer center.







This is the paper pencil resource.
So cute!!

From the author and illustrator of HOW TO BABYSIT GRANDMA AND GRANDPA comes another delightful story...HOW TO CATCH SANTA!

It is perfect for enhancing creative thinking and writing "how to" pieces.

I created a packet filled with activities to support comprehension, vocabulary, writing, and even a little mathematics.

Vocabulary for posting (holiday cards with pictures and color)

Writing...

What questions do you have for Santa?

What would you like to ask Santa?

An opinion page

A "how to" page

Writing final copy pages with differentiated levels of writing pages.

Comprehension...

Roll and discuss (a dice game focusing on comprehension)

Cause and Effect...The children did...so what would happen?

Story Elements

Predict...did they catch Santa?

Summarize...somebody, wanted, but, so...

Word Work...

Parts of Speech

ABC order

Black and White vocabulary cards to match the words (students can color and take home)

Roll and Read...have fun reading words loudly, softly, silly, slowly, quickly

Word Search

Holiday Senses...smell, touch, taste, hear, see

Santa Sounds...reindeer on roof, ho, ho, ho!

What's in Santa's bag...

Text to Self ...make a connection

Mathematics...roll and catch Santa using mathematics (game boards)















1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete